HACKS THAT EVERY GIRL NEEDS KNOW
Mastering eye-shadow is one of the hardest parts of the makeup application process, so many steps and products working together to achieve the completed look. Don’t let that put you off there are plenty of eye-shadow tips and hacks to make the process much easier for achievable results.
Eye primer is the first step in the eye makeup process, it helps the longevity of your eye makeup as well prevent creating and drying.
EYE SHAPE MATTERS
Not sure how to determine your eye shape? Answer the questions below to find out now.
1. Do you have a crease on your eyelid?
No – MONO-LID EYES
Answered yes? Go to question 2.
2. Imagine drawing a straight line across the center of each eye, do the outer corners appear above or below this line?
Outer corners are above the center line – UPTURNED EYES
Outer corners are below the center line – DOWN-TURNED EYES
If the outer corner of your eyes fall somewhere in between go to question 3.
3. Is the crease on your eyelid visible?
No – HOODED EYES
Answered yes? Go to question 4.
4. Are the white of your eyes visible around the iris when you look straight ahead?
Yes – ROUND EYES
Answered no? Go to question 5.
5. Do your iris disappear into your upper and lower eyelids?
Yes – ALMOND EYES
BE CAREFUL WITH DARKER SHADES
Darker colours will make the eye appear smaller, try using lighter colours on the lid and brow bone and a medium shade on your crease.
Used to enlarge and brighten your eyes and other areas of your face, perfect for a base to make any colour POP!
APPLY EYE MAKEUP BEFORE FOUNDATION & CONCEALER
Eye makeup application can be messy, to avoid parts of your face that have already completed try applying your eye shadow before you apply your foundation. Consider purchasing eye shields specially for eye makeup application.
GO TO COLOUR
If your ensure of what look to create or what colours best suit your eye colour try using a Champagne coloured eye-shadow, great for any skin tone!
BLEND, BLEND, BLEND
Blending is vital ladies to creating a more natural, open look. Avoid stark lines and contrasts that can make your eye
USE EYE-SHADOW AS AN EYELINER
If your not great with eyeliner pencils or gels use a dark shade of eye-shadow with a thin angled brush creating a less harsh more blended finish.
CREATING A SUPER NATURAL LOOK
Try lining just under your lid to create a simple natural ” no makeup” look.
1. Lightest “highlighting colour – use in the corner of the eyes
2. Medium shadow colour – use on the middle of the lid
3. Darkest colour – use to create a smokey look
4. Transition blending colour
CRISP EDGES FOR EYELINER & EYE-SHADOW
Taking a piece of tape stick it to the back of your hand to help remove the tackiness. Place it on your temple to create a line between the outer corner of your eye and the outer tip of your eyebrow.
MAKE YOUR EYES LOOK BIGGER
Drag the shadow outwards at the crease and trace along the bottom lid and connect at the corner creating a winged finish.
How can it be fixed?
1. Gather loose bits of powder in the pan.
2. Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol and let it soak in.
3. Flatten the powder with your finger or back of a spoon.
TIP: For better results place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the makeup and use the plastic wrap to rub and smooth the powder out.
4 Leave overnight for the alcohol to dry out.
THREE STEP LOOK FOR WHEN YOUR IN A RUSH
Keep this simple structure below in mind when your in a rush
1. Dark Shadow – use this shade along the lash line
2. Medium Shadow – use this shade along the lid of the eye
3. Light Shadow – use this shade between the crease of the eye